Mr. A.J. Sharedalal, is a third generation Chartered Accountant of his family.
Prior to joining C.R. Sharedalal & Co., he has worked with three multinational organizations over a period of four and a half years.
At C.R. Sharedalal & Co., A.J.S. is a partner in the Audit Department and also overlooks Transaction Advisory needs of clients.
He was working with Deloitte Touché Tohmatsu’s Financial Advisory arm in Ahmedabad during articleship period while pursuing Chartered Accountancy. After qualifying as a Chartered Accountant, he moved to Mumbai and has worked with ICICI Bank Limited in their International Banking Group as a management trainee and also with BSR and Co (an entity of KPMG).
His areas of prime focus are:
- Handling Statutory audits of Listed entities as well as closely held corporate entities
- Handling Tax Audits, Stock Audits, Internal Audits
- Carrying out Internal Control Reviews for entities
- Advising on complex issues like accounting for Slump Sales, Merger and Amalgamations, Joint ventures, Business Restructuring, Tax Holidays, Investment by foreign entities in Indian entities etc.
- Preparation of Consolidated Financial Statements of Holding Companies having multinational presence and aligning accounting policies for the same
- Attending Audit committee meetings of corporate entities and advising the Audit committee
- Closing out on key issues faced during Audits
(ii) Transactions Advisory:
- Fair Valuation of shares/debentures as per RBI Circular for foreign exchange inflows/outflows
- Valuation of Businesses, Shares, New Projects etc.
- Due Diligence – buy side as well as sell side
- Handling Business Process Reengineering assignments
- FEMA Issues
Besides being involved in the above activities at the firm, he likes to write. His articles have been published in Chartered Accountants’ Association, Ahmedabad’s monthly published journal. He was a speaker at International IP Summit 2013 organised by Ahmedabad Management Association. He has also spoken on “IP as a business asset” at a study circle organized by the Chartered Accountants Association, Ahmedabad.