Mr. J.C. Sharedalal is a Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
He has specialized in Tax Planning – both in Corporate as well as non-corporate entities. He has also specialized in FEMA/Transfer Pricing and Valuation of Business Assets.
He is being regularly called upon as speaker at various Seminars and has delivered lectures on Income-tax/FEMA.
He has been contributing articles in professional journals published by Chartered Accountants Association, Ahmedabad/Current Tax Reporter etc.
He is author and co-author of various books on Taxation.
He has visited foreign countries like Belgium, U.K., U.S.A., Kenya, Ireland and UAE for Consultancy/Negotiation/Incorporation of Corporate entities etc. as per requirements of respective foreign country.
He was co-opted as member of the Research Committee of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi during 2001-02.
He was Chairman of Ahmedabad Branch of Western India Regional Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for the year 1989-90.
He was President of Chartered Accountants Association, Ahmedabad for the year 2005-06.
Further he is a Registered Valuer recognized by Income Tax Department for Business Assets.
His areas of expertise are:
(i) Direct Tax Laws in the following areas:
- Complex Issues arising under Income Tax Act and Wealth tax Act.
- Incentives viz. Exemptions and Deductions like section 10A, 10AA, 10B, 80IA, 80IB etc.
- Filing of returns of Income-Wealth and TDS-TCS
- Structuring of business entities
- Amalgamation, De-merger etc.
- Conversion of Partnership Firms into Limited Companies
- Representation before various Income Tax Authorities for Assessments and Appeals
(ii) Establishment of Overseas Ventures:
- Advising the structure of foreign venture co-ordination with foreign country consultants. Periodically reviewing of the foreign venture.
(iii) Valuation of Business Assets:
- Including Brands, Trade Marks, Goodwill, Shares, Securities etc.
(iv) Advising on planning for Will and devolution of Estate.
(v) Advising on Dispute Redressed between parties at Dispute.
(vi) Indirect Tax Laws:
- Issues arising under Service Tax and Value Added Tax (Gujarat State)
(vii) Corporate Law:
- Restructuring of Business