V. M. Valiya – B.Com., ACA
Mr. V.M. Valiya is an Associate Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and is a partner in the Audit Department of the firm. He had joined the firm in the year 2009 as an associated Chartered Accountant and was inducted as a partner in the year 2010.
He has completed his articleship from Mumbai, wherein he has availed training in the fields of Auditing and Taxation both. He has vast knowledge regarding various types of accounting packages like SAP, Quadra, Symco, Oracle etc.
V.M.V. has joined the firm with a mission of further modernizing the operations, making the best use of technology, and strengthening the services to surpass the quality of best of the global organizations.
His areas of expertise are:
- Handling Statutory Audits of Listed entities as well as closely held corporate entities
- Handling Tax Audits, Stock Audits, Internal Audits, Compliance Audits, Bank Audits
- Attending Audit committee meetings of corporate entities and advising the Audit committee
- Closing out on key issues faced during audits
- Issuing Certificates required under various laws/Circulars/Notifications
(ii) Special purpose Audits and Internal Control Reviews:
- Carrying out audits focusing on the areas that are prone to high risks including Revenue Leakages, Cost Control and Process Efficiency improvement/ optimization, Business Process Reengineering
- Analyzing existing operations of clients and identifying the potential cost saving opportunities by modifications to or re-organizing the operations prevailing in the organization.
- Identifying and analyzing the transactions, processes and documentation flow prevailing in the organizations and designing part or entire internal control system (ICS) for different departments, carrying out implementation as well as post implementation reviews for the same.
- Identifying weaknesses in existing internal control system (ICS) of the organization and making necessary modifications in the existing processes to come out with better ICS.
- Preparing various standard formats and process flow charts, which are used in audits and result in time & resource savings for the organization.
(iii) Companies Act Issues